When an accident occurs, first aid is the foremost action performed by the medical practitioner. In this case, if the detailed medical information is available, the treatment can be quick and effective. Apple iPhone is integrated with a unique feature that intimates the medical information to anyone who has access to the iPhone.
This feature is called Medical ID. You can access this on the lock screen of your iPhone. On the screen, if you click on the Emergency icon, it will toggle into Medical ID icon. When anyone clicks on the Medical ID icon, emergency information or personal medical information will be displayed on the screen. During an emergency, this information can save someone’s life.
There is a defined protocol for feeding emergency information. You can accomplish it by following these steps:
- Before we begin, you should be aware that your Apple iPhone should run iOS 8.0 and above
- On the app page, you will find Health app. Click on this app
- On the bottom-right corner, you will find “Medical ID” link. Click on this link and further, click on Edit option on the top-right
- Now, you have to enter your personal information and other medical related information
- Feed information like your name, photograph, birthday, address, blood group, medical conditions, precautions, and so on
- On the top, you will notice an option “Show when Locked”. This is the Emergency Access feature. Turn on this option by toggling to the right. This means anyone who has the iPhone can view the emergency information without any passcode
- At last, save the details by clicking on “Done.”
The information entered by you will be automatically uploaded to iCloud servers. However, it is not accessible by other apps. Everyone with an Apple iPhone should update this information immediately to avoid any harm due to an unforeseen circumstance in the future.